Drug Knowledge, LLC promotes greater awareness and the safe use of medications through proprietarily developed Drug Informational Databases, to be utilized to:
- Educate patients about their medications for Increased Medication Adherence/Compliance
- Inform health care providers on important aspects of a medication
The Cost of Medication NON-Adherence
NON-Adherence accounts for 10-25% of hospital and nursing home admissions.
Research has found that medication NON-Adherence results in:
- 5.4 times increased risk for hospitalization, re-hospitalization, or premature death for patients with high blood pressure.
- 2.5 times increased risk of hospitalization for patients with diabetes
- More than 40% of nursing home admissions
Adherence is enhanced when a patient understands their condition, and the benefits of treatment.
Change can occur when Patient Education Material is combined with effective provider (physician/pharmacist) communication.
Provide clear instructions (written as well as verbal) for ALL prescriptions:
- Limit instructions to 3 or 4 major points
- Use simple, everyday language
- Use written information and verbal education at all encounters
Drug Knowledge’s databases are written and designed for the patient; meaning the databases can be used by any healthcare professional during a medication counseling session with their patient OR presented to the patient for them to read in the leisure of their home.
Drug Knowledge’s proprietary Drug Informational Databases, with over 220,000 products and dosage forms, make up the Comprehensive Medication Counseling Database (CMCD™). The Comprehensive Medication Counseling Database includes the following stand-alone databases:
- Mini Medication Messages Database
- Patient Medication Advisories Database (2-page leaflets)
- Therapy Monitoring Monographs Database